Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hoping for another bumper crop...

It won't be long and this activity will be taking place in our house again.
I'm really looking forward to it and am hoping that my little helper here is willing to join me again this year. My tomatoes (that are being planted here) did much better than I expected them too. Last spring it was all trial and error as it was the first time I'd started vegetable seeds indoors. It was also the first garden I had planted in 9 years. The last one I had I was carrying this helper in my womb. But in our location I had to give up the garden. The trees around us had just grown too tall and my yard didn't have enough hours of sun to support a garden. That was remedied when some logging was done two years ago and brought sunshine back to our garden plot.

So, I was back at it! I took the opportunity to plant a few vegetables that I hadn't before, a bit of trial and error if you will. I experimented with row and plant placement and by the end of the summer I knew for sure what I wouldn't be planting again. Stay tuned as our winter months turn into spring and the year progresses into summer. I hope to fill the blog with plenty of gardening posts. I also may ask for my reader's help when it comes to seed selection and other various gardening tasks. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to it all!


2 comments:

  1. Wow you start your seeds so early, I'm wondering if I have been starting them to late now. But I don't have anywhere to really put them once I do. Hmmmm what to do?
    Here is hoping you have a great helper again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something that I need to do, look back at last years calendar notes and see exactly when I started things. Some I definitely started too early and I tried to take notes on everything so I wouldn't make those same mistakes. I'm lucky enough to have to garden type windows facing the south that I can get a few plants started in. Although the living room did end up looking and smelling like a greenhouse lol.

    ReplyDelete