Monday, January 14, 2013

A small dilemma

Yep, it's been cold....
cold enough to make this cute little metal bird that adorns my birdbath look like there is a walrus in his genetic background. He was just too adorable to resist.

Back to the knitting. I was able to get some practice in yesterday but I'm having a bit of dilemma with it. Basically, with all the crochet orders I've been doing I've only had time to knit in the evening and for only maybe an hour. When I am next able to pick it up I haven't gotten very far so I rip it out, cast on and knit again. Yep, I start all over. But this time I was getting pretty comfortable with things. Tension was decent and I loved the yarn I was working with (Lamb's Pride). I got this far
and then took a break to have dinner with some wonderful friends. Five hours later and I was back at it. Now it looks like this
and I really can't decide if I should rip it out or continue on. I don't think it looks half shabby for a newbie knitter but then again right now it's all about the practice and each time I rip out I get to practice casting on. Hmmm. Anyone out there with wise words of wisdom of what I should do?

3 comments:

  1. I love Lamb's pride but I will tell you the more you frog it the more it frays and becomes harder to work with. I also say that if you haven't made a mistake in it and your tension has been good then you should reward yourself with keeping it and seeing how far you can get!!! But I have APPD (Attention Project Progress Disorder. If I don't see myself making headway I toss it into my UFO pile and glare at it occasionally. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. I did keep going with it. Richelle it's my first go with the Lamb's Pride and I do adore it. Knitting can be slow for sure, it's why I have a hard time with it. But at this point I am finding that I'm really eager to learn more =). Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete