Friday, February 13, 2009

I love old photos. I do. I spent a few hours the other day going through old family albums at my in-laws. Brought a few home and this is one of the ones I picked to scan, it will eventually find it's way into a frame and onto my wall.

The people in this photo are my husbands great, great paternal grandparents and this shot was taken in 1917 shortly before the man passed. The man's name is Sam and rumor has it (there are records I guess) that he opened the first post office in Scio, OR. There is so much character in their faces! I've scanned more and will be touching them up slightly, but they really are frame worthy just as they are.

I'm also hoping to be taking some of my own 'frame worthy' photos soon. YES, the wonderful Canon Powershot SX10 IS is on it's way to me as I write this. I am one pumped up person.

Giddy really.

So for now I'll settle with playing with photo editing software and old photos....until my new camera arrives. (Or maybe I should be cleaning house and paying bills.....nah, but it was a thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment