Monday, February 23, 2009

What more could happen in 20 minutes?...

First I'd like to say that our son has always been a fairly sure-footed fella. Our house in perched on a slope so our yard is pretty steep in certain areas. But that never stopped him, not since he learned to walk. When most kids would have tumbled down the yard, he ran.

Now I know his face has had a few run-ins with the ground. Yikes boy do I know (remember I'm up to a count of 4 times now!). But really he's not toooo accident prone.

That being said, he does have his moments.

Last week the weather here was beautiful! C had gone to preschool on Thursday as usual. His buddy N was coming over and they wanted my niece to come over after school. So when I went to get C and N when preschool was out we decided to stay for the half hour and wait for M.A. and just take her home with us instead of making her ride the bus to my house.
Things were going good, but shortly after taking this wonderful shot of C running I hear him start crying and he limps his way towards me. He'd twisted his ankle.

But being the tough little nut that he is it was right back to playing for him.

So he and N and another little school buddy got on the slide so I could take some action shots. They were really cheesing it up for me. Enjoying being in the spot light. Then one (I'm not sure who the guilty one was) decided it would be a great idea to go down the slide head first.

Then this happened. Apparently the plastic slide needs a good coating of wax. C's upper body stopped short of the bottom of the slide, but well, as you can see, his feet didn't. Being the human being that I am I couldn't help but find the humour in this and started laughing. Until, that was, C's body finally made it too the bottom and he started crying because his back hurt. Ah yes, two incidents within about 10 minutes of each other. Poor kid.
Oh wait, I'm not done. Like I said, he's a tough nut so he had a bout of self pity and pain for a few minutes then was right back playing with the other boys. They decided that maybe the small slide would be a good idea instead:

So I'm snapping more shots, getting a real 'feel' for the camera ya know when C emerges from the hole at the top of the slide.
And--take a close look at the photo---notice where is knee is and where his head is in proportion to where it should be to make a successful run down a slide--he takes a head dive to the ground!! I didn't get a photo of the actual fall. And after all those accidents it may be a good thing. Amazingly he popped up off the ground, laughing and telling me how 'that one didn't even hurt'. UGH. I laughed with him while shaking my head, and putting the lens cap back on the camera.
So I'm thinkin' maybe I jinxed him in some way by having the camera there. That must be it, because really, really he is usually such a sure-footed boy.

1 comment:

  1. :) what a clumsy gus!! Maybe the little guy is growing! He'll be taller than Mary Ann before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete