Monday, February 9, 2009

A start...

Oh, I am so longing for the days when we can run outside and play in the warm sunshine. Instead we stoke the wood furnace, scrape ice from the windshield and hope it won't snow too much tomorrow.

"Keep it real," I tell myself. It is still winter after all. This photo makes me long for summer though.

It was partly sunny today, so on the way into a dr.'s appointment I cranked the radio and belted out some great tunes. But during an especially loud rendition of 'Lucille' by Kenny Rogers I had to chuckle to myself as I recalled lyrics from my childhood. You see, in the line 'you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, with four hungry children and a crop in the field' my young ears had heard 'four-hundred children'. I clearly reasoned this by thinking the man in the song ran some kind of orphanage. Oh, so many songs that our ears misinterpret, I could go on about his topic for pages....but I won't.

Today was pretty good all in all. The assistant at the clinic was a little grumpy but I'll forgive her considering I was told her dog was being put to sleep today so I can sympathize. But things went well until our son "C" (little guy in the photo) decided to fall and bite his tongue.

Now, anyone who knows C has probably lost count on how many times this little man has fallen on his be-dimpled face, knocking teeth loose and splitting lips. Okay, well mom kept count and we're up to four!! This time he ended up with a nice trio of puncture wounds on his tongue. Needless to say I could NEVER be a nurse considering the fact that the bleeding and screaming about did me in.



Nice of mom to take a picture huh? Well, it really looks worse in person and now he's complaining that it's bleeding again---off to try to play nurse momma again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment