Friday, August 13, 2010

Keeping up....

...with this blogging isn't as easy as I thought it would be. But I'm trying...really trying to make an effort to get back into the swing of it!

Vacation to Disneyland was, well fun but tiring to say the least! My niece asked me if we'd be visiting the local county fair that is going on this week & ending this weekend. I shudder at the thought and asked her not to mention it around my son. Right now I have absolutely no desire to be in crowds of people lol.
I must admit though, a huge theme park such as Disneyland is second only to an international airport for people watching. If I didn't have a child with me I think I could have donned my sunglasses, found a nice shady spot to sit and people watched for most of the day.

We had many compliments on our first names. There was a cashier that worked one of the gift shops, said she'd been there for over a year and a half and had never come across another person with the first name Pepper. I was pretty surprised by that, I've met 2 in my 35 years and I don't get away from home much. The two I have met have been local too, go figure!

I can say it's great to be home. I reflect now on the many different personalities that we came across on that adventure of ours. Met a few nice and interesting families at the hotel pool and while standing in a few lines. Had a great waiter at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co restuarant at Universal Studies. What a great place to eat! Even Cam wanted to go back, although he wasn't willing to pay the tab so going back was pretty much out of the question. I highly recommend eating there though, if you have a few extra bucks to blow on a dinner.

Flying on an airplane for the first time was an absolute thrill for our little guy though, he won't be forgetting
that anytime soon! Grin from ear to ear!
Ok, maybe it doesn't look it in this picture. Did I mention that he was pretty nervous too? lol

It was a whirlwind 7 days! The boys loved playing in the hotel swimming pool too. We arrived on Tues Aug 3rd and starting hitting the parks on Wednesday. The only break from Disney was Fri when we spent the day at Universal Studios, then Sat it was back to the Disney parks. The best way we found to work it was to hit the parks early and be out by 12 or 1 and in the pool at the hotel relaxing. Six solid days of theme parks and we were all pooped! I figured my body was going to be tired at the end of all of it, but mostly it was my brain...people overload!! Glad to be back in my podunk small town lol.

If you plan on a Disneyland trip anytime soon I highly recommend using the Fast Pass option to see the World of Color show, it was spectacular. One night of being at the original park for the fireworks is also a must..so glad we did it! Even though we could see the fireworks from our hotel room it was nothing like being right there and experiencing the music and themes that went with each burst of rockets!! Wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment